When it comes to social media marketing, Facebook still reigns as the world’s biggest content channel. Shareaholic research has found that Facebook now drives 25% of all traffic to websites and continues to grow, more so than all other social networks combined. It’s clear that businesses need to be on Facebook, but in order to drive leads and website traffic, what can companies do? Increase Facebook engagement. When Facebook users are liking, sharing and interacting with your content in their newsfeed, engagement increases and so does traffic.
Increasing Facebook Engagement
Yes, it’s important for businesses to have a Facebook page, but just setting up a page and hoping for the best isn’t going to cut it. Engagement drives traffic and creates affinity for brands. The most successful Facebook business pages belong to brand’s people have come to love and trust. How do you get people to love and trust your brand, both in real life and on Facebook?
- Share relevant and interesting content
- Engage with customers. Answer their comments and messages, both good and bad.
- Post at times when you don’t have to compete with a flood of other content. Content published between 10pm-11pm local time and on Sundays gets the most interaction
- More isn’t necessarily better. Don’t share random images, video and articles just to have your name in the newsfeed.
- Add a call-to-action button to your cover photo with a destination URL you want them to visit. This is a great way to drive traffic back to your website.
- Share photos and videos on your Facebook page. Multimedia content continues to be the most engaging type of content.
- Link to your blogs and long form content. This type of content receives 40% more interactions than that with short form content. (Also, if you’re not blogging already, start! It will give you valuable content to share and is great for increasing Facebook engagement).
- Boost posts to target specific audiences. Only sharing with your fanbase limits your engagement, as many of the people who like you page may not even see your posts. Using a small Facebook promotion budget can get your content in front of potential customers who may not have seen it otherwise.
- Make your posts concise, accurate and interesting. You can bring a creative spin to even the most boring products and services.
- Pin important posts to the top of your Facebook page. Avoid important content from being pushed down your timeline.
Not only does increasing Facebook engagement drive traffic to your website, it helps establish your brand as a company that people love and trust. Getting your brand in front of the right audience is key and Facebook is the best channel for doing so. While placing a print ad in an industry magazine may or may not pique a small amount of interest, for a smaller fee your content can be seen by the right audience, directly in the palm of their hand.
When it comes to increasing Facebook engagement, it really takes an active participant and a good page. If you’re going to have messaging services on so people can contact you directly on Facebook, it’s important to have someone that monitors and responds. Never responding to Facebook messages won’t build brand trust and could deter potential clients from purchasing your products or services.
Savy Agency offers social media engagement and ongoing blogging services. Contact us to learn more about increasing Facebook engagement and driving more traffic to your website.