I’m glad for Matt Cutts taking a leave from Google for awhile. I think sometimes it’s just “time” to unplug. We all need time: to take technology detoxes, to take breaks from our work and from the daily grind, to see our family, and to reconnect with our significant others and “turn off” the daily noise.
I think Matt Cutts’ email today about taking a leave from Google sets a great example. At the end of day, no matter how much our businesses, ventures, passions, hobbies and daily grindstones need us, how much we know others need us, we can take a well-deserved break every now and then, and life will still go on. It will probably even a little better upon our return. I think Matt Cutts’ wife will appreciate having him around and present for a awhile, especially with ballroom dancing and cruises on the agenda. And I think his tank will be a little more filled upon his return.
With Matt Cutts leaving Google for awhile, where will we go for search and Google related SEO news?
1) For search related news, we’ll stay up-to-date on Webmaster blog or Inside Search blog.
2) To keep up on how Google thinks about search, we have webmaster videos.
3) For documentation, there’s Google Webmaster Central.
4) For the more skilled, there’s Webmaster Academy.
5) For the lost or confused, there’s help documentation.
6) And for the newbie, the SEO beginner guide.
7) And of course, to help explain to our clients, there are the fundamentals of how search engines work.
Hopefully this helps a few of you cope over the next few months as we approach 2015 and consider the SEO strategies to plan for. And remember, the webspam team will not be ballroom dancing, so no silly stuff.
I’d love to hear your thoughts. – Christina